Philosophenweg 16/19 -- D-69120 Heidelberg -- Germany
How to get to the Institute
By train to Heidelberg
By public transport to the institute:
- The bus and streetcar stops are at the north side of the train station.
- The lines in question are : 5 (streetcar) and 32,33,34 (bus)
- Line 5 and 34 go right to Neuenheim - first stop after crossing the bridge over the river Neckar -
the lines 32,33 however only go to Bismarkplatz from where the bridge can be
crossed either by walking or taking the line 23 (streetcar) . See the map below.
- Tickets can be purchased in the buses, or in case of line 5, from a ticket machine (level 'City-Tarif' is sufficient)
- For the walk from the respective stops up to the institute (ITP) please consult the map below.
You can get more detailed maps, schedule and tariff information (in german)
via Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Neckar
- On Autobahn A5, coming from North or South, take the exit
"Autobahnkreuz Heidelberg" to Heidelberg.
- Follow the A656 to Heidelberg until you reach the end of the Autobahn.
- Turn left, following the signs "B37", direction "Eberbach".
- Drive on the B37 along the Neckar river, passing under a bridge,
after 1km passing under another bridge.
- 300m after the second bridge make a U-turn to the right, to cross
the river on the same bridge.
- After the bridge: turn right (again, direction "Eberbach").
- Turn left into the second street (Albert-Überle-Straße)
- You'll find the small parking lot of the Institute (Philosophenweg
16) at the crossing with the Philosophenweg, on your left.
No.19 is on your right, 30m along the Philosophenweg.
Parking on "Philosophenweg" or "Albert-Überle-Straße"
requires the use of a parking permit. We might be
able to provide you with such a card on a day to day basis. Ask about it in the
The only other option is the parking garage at the "Uferstraße" (see map)- subject to charge though.
1 ITP, Philosophenweg 16, secretariat, seminar room, library
2 ITP, Philosophenweg 19, seminar room
3 Phys. Institute, Philosophenweg 12, small lecture hall
4 Phys. Institute, Philosophenweg 12, main lecture hall
5 Albert-Überle Str. 3-5, new lecture hall
6 Phys. Institute II, Albert-Überle Str. 3-5, Dekanat für Physik und Astronomie
7 Theoretical Astrophysics, Albert-Überle Str. 2