Welcome to the cosmology group of the Institute for Theoretical Physics!
New! Stay in touch with us through our new facebook page!
Our institute is part of the Physics and Astronomy Department of the University of Heidelberg. Here at Heidelberg, we work together with the University's Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics located in our neighborhood and with the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy. We are also part of the Transregional Collaborative Research Centre TRR 33 - The Dark Universe, which has been recently extended to 2018. We are also fully involved with the European projects Euclid and Planck.
Cosmology-related work is also done in the groups of:
How to get here
Our research focuses on:
In addition, our group developed cmbeasy, a versatile Boltzmann code for the comparison of cosmological models to observations.
Helping Thum's family
On 15.04, Thum (Suttiluk Othatawong) passed away. He was PhD in our group. We are all shocked and saddened by this tragic event. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.
The Thai Embassy in Berlin has set up a bank account to contribute to the expenses of Thum's family:
The Royal Thai Embassy AC/4 IBAN : DE06 1007 0000 0439 1363 00 BIC : DEUTDEBBXXX Verwendungszweck : Suttiluk OTHATAWONG
Please put Thum's name in “Verwendungszweck” so they would know exactly that the transaction is meant for Thum's family.
- Valeria Pettorino started a new permanent position at the IPhT, CEA, Saclay, Paris.
- Three new postdocs joined our group: Nelson Lima, Dario Bettoni and Viviana Niro.
- (December 2016) Tenth TR33 Winter School of Cosmology, Passo del Tonale (Italy)
- (July 2016) Block course on advanced cosmological topics: Testing fundamental physics with Cosmology
- (February 2016) Block course on advanced cosmological topics: Testing fundamental physics with Cosmology
- (October 2015) Miguel Zumalacarregui left our group and is now a Nordita Fellow in Stockholm.
- (July 2015) Kurt Hinterbichler will give a set of introductory lectures to massive gravity on July 14,15,16th at 14:15 in SR 68, Phil 12. outline
- (May 2015) Gerasimos Rigopoulos left our group and is now Professor at the University of Newcastle, UK.
- (May 2015) Cosmology Meeting “Local Interactions” http://www.thphys.uni-heidelberg.de/~cosmo/inter15/index.html
- (November 2014) Valerio Marra, formerly a postdoc in our group, is now Professor at the University of Vitoria, Brazil.
- (October 2014) Matteo Martinelli and Yashar Akrami joined our group.
- (October 2014) Guillermo Ballesteros left our group and is now in Barcelona.
- (October 2014) A paper by Valeri Vardanyan has been highlighted in Nature.
- (July 2014) Lecture on Non-linear perturbation theory for Large Scale Structure, by Prof. Massimo Pietroni. slides
- (June 2014) Emilio Bellini left our group and is now postdoc in Barcelona
- (May 2014) The collaboration TRR33 “The Dark Universe” funded by DFG has been extended until 2018.
- (April 2014) Valerio Marra left our group and is now postdoc in Rio de Janeiro
- (October 2013) Ignacy Sawicki left our group and is now Marie Curie fellow at the University of Geneve.
- Tomi Koivisto (Nov 2016)
- Margherita Lembo (Oct 2016-Feb 2017)
- Ronaldo Batista Carlotto (Oct-Dec 2016)
- Sara Jamali (August 2016-February 2017)
- Nicolo' Burzilla' (June-August 2016)
- Adam Solomon (June 2016)
- Io Odderskov (April 2016)
- Miguel Quartin (March 2016)
- Cornelius Rampf (March-September 2016)
- Mariele Motta (Jan 2016)
- Ana Marta Pinho (Jan-Jun 2016)
- Adrian Fernandez (Mar-Jun 2016)
- Adalto Gomes (Dec 2015)
- Mariele Motta (Oct-Nov 2015)
- Arpine Piloyan (Oct-Dec 2015)
- Kurt Hinterbichler (July 2015)
- Claire Zukowski (July 2015)
- Rocky Kolb (July 2015)
- Ananya Mondal (May/July 2015)
- Adam Solomon (April/June 2015)
- Laura Taddei (February/October 2015)
- Io Odderskov (January/June 2015)
- Miguel Quartin (January/February 2015)
- Caroline Heneka (November/December 2014)
- Enea Antonio Romano (June 28/July 4, 2014)
- Massimo Pietroni (June-July 2014)
- Yashar Akrami and Adam Solomon (May 23-May 30 2014)
- Shinji Tsujikawa (March 2014)
- Miguel Quartin (January 2014)
- Shinji Tsujikawa (January 2014)
- Mariele Motta (December 2013/January 2014)
- Guillermo Ballesteros (November 2013/October 2014)
- Laura Taddei (November 2013/July 2014)
- Claudia Antolini (October 2013)
- Takahiro Tanaka (October 2013)
- Kazuhiro Yamamoto, Tsutomu Kobayashi, Masahiro Takada (September 2013)
- Alessio Notari (8-11 July 2013)
- Cristiano Germani (July 2013)
- Miguel Quartin (July 2013)
- Ippocratis Saltas (15-20 July 2013)
- Nelson Nunes (July 2013)