Master Seminar SS 2013
Welcome back to our master seminar for the Summer term 2013. As usual, each student will give a 45 minute presentation (including questions) and will have to hand in a brief (6-8 pages) writeup after the end of term. These writeups are due two weeks after the respective presentation.
Each presentation will be focussed on one, more or less recent paper by one of the LHC experiments. The topics will be distributed during the first meeting. Collections of ATLAS, CMS, and LHCb papers are available online.
Please note that the Wednesday time slot has been changed to Tuesday 2:15PM in room 106 of the old PI, Philosophenweg 12.
- Higgs decays to four leptons (Dominik Mitzel/TP): arXiv:0910.4182, arXiv:1202.1415
- Time-dependent CP violation at LHCb (Arthur Bolz/UU):
- Higgs quantum numbers (Janina Hakenmüller/TP): arXiv:1212.0843 (introduction), arXiv:1212.6639
- Fourth generations in Higgs physics (Nikolai Fomin/UU): arXiv:1209.1101, arXiv:0706.3718
- Bs to muons (Daniel Hollain/UU)
- Top pair resonances (Christian Möhler/TP): arXiv:1211.2202, arXiv:1112:4441
- Bzero mixing (Andreas Weiden/UU)
- Higgs decays to photons in CMS (Felix Schäfer/TP)
- additional topics:
- 3rd generation SUSY and naturalness
Tilman Plehn, Ulrich Uwer