- Lectures: Mondays and Wednesdays, 09:15-11:00, Philosophenweg 12 / gHS
- The lectures start on Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019!
Students with very good knowledge in quantum mechanics and statistical
physics should be able to follow the course. Knowledge in quantum
field theory is very helpful.
- Basics of quantum-statistical mechanics
- Path integral for thermal equilibrium
- Free fields and evaluation of thermal sums
- Interacting fields and effective actions
- Ultraviolet divergences and renormalization,
infrared divergences and resummation
- Nonequilibrium path integral
- Initial conditions and nonequilibrium evolution equations
- Nonequilibrium instabilities
- Nonthermal fixed points and dynamics of Bose condensation
- Solving nonequilibrium quantum field theory using quantum simulators
Exercise sheets can be downloaded on Wednesdays and should be handed in one week later on Wednesdays before the lecture. The sheets will be graded. 50% of the total number of points of all exercise sheets will be sufficient to receive a 'Schein'.
Office hours for questions regarding exercises are on Thursdays, 13:00-15:00, Philosophenweg 12 / R113 (Robert Ott).